Saturday, September 14, 2013

Food Talk: Parvati

Hi! It's time for another food talk. ^^ I actually have been lurking around Parvati for quite some time and the reason why I never got to try anything from their store until recently because I could never figure out where they store all their sweets. Turned out that one part of their store is a wall-freezer. ^^

So one night after work, I walked straight into Parvati and right across their counter, I saw a few freezer doors with posters of, well, probably the most number of sweets I've ever seen. But, I only had two targets at that time: their macarons and the Frank and Carol chocolate cake.



I got a box of 12 French Macarons of Petite Patisserie for 350 Php and a mini Frank and Carol's Dark Chocolate cake for around 150 Php.



The Verdict:
The macarons are probably the best I've tried ever. Although I wish the box had more flavors, I loved the flavors that came with ours, which I guessed were green tea, butter, and mango. I personally loved the green tea and these macarons are awesome because they're crunchy-chewy and there was enough cream inside. It's pretty pricey given the size of the macarons but they're definitely worth it.

The dark chocolate cake was plain awesome. I liked that it was bitter enough to be called a dark chocolate cake but it wasn't too much. It was actually a big hit that I kept thinking that I should've bought a bigger one. ^^ 

Parvati has a lot of sweets that I want to try, like their frozen brazo de mercedes and their cookies. I was actually a little overwhelmed with the many choices so I really should come prepared so I wouldn't overpurchase.

You can find Parvati at the Ground Floor of Trinoma, beside Gourdo's and right across UCC and Fully Booked. 

Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! I never knew that Parvati had these macarons until I came across your post! :D I will definitely try these out since you approved of them. Haha. I LOVE Frank & Carol's chocolate cake too. It's chocolatey and moist and super good! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out about them thru Sumi Go's thepurpledoll.net. ^^ I really fell in love with the macarons. The Frank and Carol chocolate is just awesome. ^^

      Delete