Thursday, August 15, 2013

Just Sampling: Too Cool for School BB Foundation Lunch Box (Matte)

Hi! A few days after Too Cool for School opened at SM North, I decided to check out what their products are. I must admit that their store concept crept me out just a little. If you know the clothing store Mental, this is just a little more creepy. I mean I had dolls as a kid, but when you use them as displays or have severed plastic hands lying around, that's just different. But I must say, their store looks really cool. Scary, yes, but cool. Maybe it looked different for me because most Korean beauty stores I've seen have idols' faces around and they had animals and dolls. I think I saw a dino in one of their packaging.

Anyway, I picked up this BB cream sample. There are actually 2 kinds of this BB cream. The other one has a "glossy/dewy" finish. I just wanted to see how it'd fare on me.

This is how the regular sized version looks like. It costs about 900 bucks. But the great thing is that you won't just be paying for the BB cream but also the concealer and highlighter on the cap. ^^

twofacemall.com






The sample is a little over 200 Php.

The Verdict:
What I love about this BB cream, aside from the really adorable packaging is that its flat matte. Not a lot of people like matte-matte products, but I really like it. Although it's more pink that it is yellow, it sits well on my skin. The color doesn't look off with enough blending. It also feels very light on the skin and the floral-ish/powder-ish smell is not too much. Plus, it has SPF 37 which I guess makes it okay for every day use if you don't spend much time out under the sun.

What I don't like much about this BB cream is that I find it a little hard to blend. The product's consistency is not really thick but without a good primer, there's a little difficulty on trying to even it out. I wish it had more coverage too. I'd say it has sheer to light coverage. Oil control is typical: on me, that's about 2 hours or less. This is also the lighter shade and the glossy one is the darker one, so shade choices are very limited.

This is a good BB cream if you really want that matte finish and it even has SPF. ^^

Have you tried anything from Too Cool for School? Lemme know. Cheerio!

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I love the packaging but I must say this brand is a little above my spending capacity :) I mean, I can spend more on the skin79 bb cream because it definitely has more but this I'm pretty sure their bb cream is tiny :} Plus it doesn't have a lot of coverage as you've said. Skipping this BUT I adore the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're packaging are just plain awesome but the products are pretty expensive. ^^ Skin79's BB Creams are definitely bigger. Nto much coverage, but I love that it's matte and cute. ^^

      Delete
  2. I have the other "Watery Skin" variant of this! Hope it holds up even on my oily skin. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that must be the glossy one the SA told me about. ^^ Let me know if it does hold up on you. ^^

      Delete
  3. Hi Charlie!

    I was searching high and low for a review for this - thanks for your review!

    Following you :)

    Miss Bojangles
    xoxo

    http://miss-bojangles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You're welcome. ^^ Thanks for dropping by. Following your blog too. ^^

      Delete