Monday, August 19, 2013

I Nailed It #16: OMG in Matte Potion

Hey guys! The reviews for most of my nail polishes have been on hold for quite some time. Now, I'm trying to at least put out some of the reviews.  ^^

When matte lippies became a craze in my world, I started trying to get my hands on every shade I could think of. ^^ They weren't the friendliest for my lips but they looked awesome. So when matte polishes came into the market, I jumped into the "matte nails" bandwagon as well. But since I found the matte polishes to be a little expensive, I tried my luck with matte top coats. ^^

This one from OMG is my first. A 10 ml bottle costs around 18.00 Php.



OMG in Salsa without OMG Matte Potion


OMG in Salsa with OMG in Matte Potion

The Verdict:
What I have on is two coats of Matte Potion. It's effect on the nails is not as flat-matte as I wanted it to be but it does work. With a third coat, it becomes even more matte but still gives away a little shine. What I also noticed was it works differently on different polishes. I used a teal color once and the effect was the perfect matte nails.

For the price, I'd say it's worth trying. The great thing about it is that you can explore other nail colors without splurging so much because you can just use any of your available plain polish and top it off with Matte Potion.

I'd probably still try the matte polishes available in the market but for now, this will do. ^^

Have you tried donning matte nails? How'd you like 'em? Lemme know. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment