Saturday, August 3, 2013

Revlon Color Stay Whipped Creme Foundation in Natural Ochre + Gavino's Japanese Donuts now in Landmark, Trinoma!

Hey guys! So earlier last month, I was able to chance upon the 50% off promo of Revlon. In June, I was able to purchase two of their famous lip butters for half the price. And last July, it was their whipped foundation on sale. ^^ I couldn't pass it up since I wanted to try it and it was on sale. I think this 50% off promo of theirs is for the entire year since according to the SA, this August, it will be a different product altogether. I don't know what is on sale this time though. Aaaand, I'm not quite sure I want to know because it's creating holes in my wallet. ^^






Natural Beige/Ochre was the shade given to me by the SA. I have yellow-ish skin and actually picked up their Caramel shade, but the SA said it was too dark for me. I'm not sure if this is the lightest of their yellow-toned shades. But I told her I was acidic, and this was the shade she gave me. 





Pros:
1. I love the texture of this foundation. I actually expected it to feel heavy and thick since it's claiming a 24hr-stay. It's actually just a little thicker than whipped cream and when you touch the product in the jar, it actually gives a little bounce.
2. Although I can't vouch for it's 24hr-stay because I can't stand having any makeup on for 24 hrs but I will say that it lasts the longest out of all the foundations or BB creams I've tried. I usually work for around 12 hrs and when I get home, the foundation is still there. No melting experienced.
3. The shade is perfect for me. Although it's too light at first, I just have to wait a little for it to oxidize and darken a bit.
4. Blending is no problem (I have used my fingers, sponge, and a flat top brush to put this on) although it takes a while.
5. Coverage is awesome. I'd say around medium to heavy. Light spots or small scars can easily be covered.
6. Matte finish.

Cons:
1. You can't bring this around with you, unless you're okay with lugging around a jar that's insanely heavy.
2. 975 is a little beyond of what I usually spend on foundations and such. So if it wasn't on sale, I probably would've looked away. ^^
3. My officemate tried this and was disappointed because it "magnifies" flaky dry skin. Since I didn't have any peeling skin at the moment, I didn't witness this.
4. No spatula! I absolutely dread having to dip my fingers into the jar so sometimes I just tilt it a bit so a little foundation goes on that white plastic cover and I use that. Or I pick up my spatula and put some on a palette.
5. Oil control is so-so. I'd say about 3-4 hours tops. On me, it's a little less, say 2-3 hours? ^^

This foundation tops my list in terms of coverage and staying power. I would have loved it more if it had more oil control power and if it came with a spatula. Nonetheless, if you have normal or oily skin, this might work for you. As for those who have dry skin, I'd suggest you put on some good moisturizer first or just find a better alternative since you might find this a little troublesome if it emphasizes the dryness of the skin.

Have you tried this foundation? Lemme know. Cheerio!

PS.
My sister was screaming about Gavino's. Because they're now available at Landmark, Trinoma. I think it's somewhere near the grocery, but I still have to check. Nonetheless, they're there. I'll update you guys. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment