Saturday, August 17, 2013

Food Talk: Go Nuts Donuts

Hello guys! Just a quick food entry. ^^ A few weeks ago, I got really curious about Speculoos, which is a kind of spiced biscuit. What is being fussed about though is the Speculoos Cookie Butter, which is like the creamed version of the biscuit. Then I heard about the cookie butter donut of Go Nuts Donuts, which is kind of inspired by Speculoos. So off to Go Nuts Donuts I went. ^^


doriegreenspan.com

whatsgoodattraderjoes.com



Since it was pretty late when I dropped by their SM North Edsa branch, only a few flavors were left in their glass counters. But I was glad to see that they still had a few cookie butter donuts (the one with the caramel-colored piped frosting).


I also picked up a few random flavors like their original glazed, oreo, chocolate, rocky road, and, I think the sugar dusted one is bavarian. ^^

So, on with the review.

The Verdict:
It's actually been a while since I last had a Go Nuts Donuts donut and I'll admit that my taste-memory is a little fuzzy. But I am glad that I found a reason to try this donut chain again because their donuts are actually good. Most donuts nowadays that I've tried are soft and airy. These ones are soft and chewy which is just as satisfying.

They're not very sweet either and the flavors are delicious. As for the cookie butter ones, I think I just found a new favorite. ^^ They kinda taste like gingerbread with the thickness of peanut butter. Soo awesome-sauce. ^^ 

A box of 6 is 215 Php and a dozen is 285 Php. You save a lot with the dozen. So I say go for the dozen. ^^

Btw, if you want the cookie butter in a bottle, they sell the smallest one for 99 Php.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment