Saturday, August 3, 2013

July 2013 Hit Listers

Hey! I owe you guys my list of July Favorites. Fair warning though because this might be a little too Korean since four of the dramas I've been watching ended last week *sobs* and they made my July happy. Anyway, here goes my July Hit Listers! ^^


askkpop.com
 1. GLAM (Girls, Be Ambitious)
-Although I'm more of a solo Korean artist fan (read: G.Na, Ailee, IU) than a girl band fan, I can't help but loving GLAM. Zinni, Miso, Jiyeon, and Dahee have incredibly unique voices. At least in my opinion. I discovered them through Dahee (lower right) who plays Kim Nana, in the 12-episoder Monstar. They've got awesome pipes and sound. 


dramafever.org
koreandrama.org
omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com
2. Heartless/Cruel City, Shark, and I Hear Your Voice
-I wanted to put them in three separate numbers but couldn't since that would be unfair to my other favorites. ^^ They all ended during the same week. Heartless City on a Tuesday, Shark on a Tuesday too, I Hear Your Voice on Thursday and Monstar on Friday. It kinda broke my heart actually but I think out of all these K-dramas, I Hear Your Voice aired and ended the best. Although Heartless City and Shark were both dramas that made me clutch my heart and gasp for air after occasional episodes, they weren't as strong as I Hear Your Voice that is just plain crazy in terms of intense plot and story pacing. Every episode ends with a I-hope-you'll-survive-until-next-week cliffhanger.


3. Usamimi Mini Clips
-I got this from C.N.A. and I absolutely love them. I really can't wear huge usamimi clips when I go to work. I mean, I can swing the huge bows like I always do but usamimi clips just stand out. Literally. So I wear this instead. Cute but not too loud.


4. OMG in Strobe
-As you've probably read from my recent nail art works, I really like this polish. It has chunky glitters but they're not foil-like so it works as a top coat, without destroying your design. I'll put up a review on this when I can.


5. OMG Matte Potion
-First, there were matte lippies and now, it seems like matte nails are also in. I once thought of buying a couple of matte polishes but then I saw this and thought this would be less expensive since I could put on whatever polish I have and make it have a matte finish for only 18.00 bucks a bottle. To be reviewed soon.


6. Retractable Brush from Landmark
-When it comes to brushes, Landmark has really good ones. I've had this for a couple of months now but never got the chance to review it while it still looked good. Now, it has scratches all over. :( But it works great for applying powder and it's handy and oh-so-soft. ^^


7. Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup
- As of the moment, this is the best foundation I've tried. It doesn't melt or get wiped away easily and the shade is perfect for me.


8. Maybelline Baby Lips Color in Berry Crush
-My go-to lip balm as of the moment. It gives the lips the most natural-looking color and it moisturizes, too. ^^


9. Darkness Paris Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Brown
-For 80 bucks, this is a great eyebrow pencil to keep. The color payoff is great, it stays on the whole day, and the spoolie is very helpful in keeping the eyebrow hairs in shape. ^^


10. Nescafe Cappuccino with Choco Sprinkles
-I don't mainline on caffeine but when I need my coffee fix, especially at work, I need this. It's probably the only coffee variant I really, really liked and because it foams up and has chocolate "powder" with it, I get to make an "abstract" foam art before I drink up. ^^

So that's it! What made your July happy? Shoot me a message. Cheerio!

2 comments: