Friday, November 1, 2013

Food Talk: Yoogane

Hi guys! It's the first day of November and soon enough it will be Christmas time. ^^ Sorry, I get really excited around this time of the year. Anyway, I know I haven't been posting a lot lately, so I actually have a lot of stuff stuck in the draft department. I hope to make use of the long weekend wisely. ^^ So...

Going to Il Terrazzo for a donut run has proved beneficial for food hunting. ^^ At least for me, who's always looking for a new place to eat. Take this cool-looking Korean place for example. ^^ We went here on my sister's birthday since she was ecstatic to see that it looks so Korean.







Complementary Banchan ^^




Marinated Chicken Galbi (285.00) with Mozarella Cheese (80.00)
I've seen warnings about this one being a little too spicy and an additional order of cheese was recommended. It made all the difference. ^^ This one has bite-sized chicken pieces, rice cakes, sweet potato slices, and a lot of gochujang (spicy paste). It was prepared right on our table. Soo coolll.^^



Mul Mandu (160.00)
I love love love this dumpling. It's like gyoza but it's steamed and not pan fried. It's very tasty. Recommended for dumpling-lovers. ^^

  My sisters morning rice drink (55.00). We were looking for sikhye (rice malt rice drink) but mistakenly ordered this instead. My sister enjoyed it though.

Chap Chae/Jap Chae (230.00)
We never fail to order this glass noodle dish. I'm glad it wasn't too oily but it could use a little more meaaaattt. But that could be just me. 


Galbi Gui (390.00)
These short ribs are awesome wrapped in leaves or they do fine with rice too. The beef was chewy and tender. It's tasty on its own too. 



Bulgogi Fried Rice (230.00)
The only rice dish we had. ^^ I love bulgogi. But I wish there were more beef strips on this rice. This was prepared on a different table since it arrived with the galbi.

  
Samgyeopsal (270.00)
My one and only favorite. Kidding. I always look forward to tasting samgyeopsal especially if it gets really crunchy. And the one they served us was really crunchy. ^^ It was almost like bacon ^^. Although my family loved the Galbi Gui more, this was my favorite. 

The Verdict:
The food in Yoogane were all awesome. At least those we've tried. I'd love to go back and try all the other dishes to see if I can find a new favorite. Price-wise, I'd say they're at an average compared to other Korean restos. Not that expensive because I have seen other Korean dishes such as the ones I've tried priced at more than 500 bucks. The staff were also very helpful and nice because we've had more than just a few servings of banchan.^^ It also helped that the place wasn't too crowded when we dined so we got to enjoy our time. Plus, the smoke-sucker (sorry, I don't know what else to call it) really helped with the smell because we could have left smelling like bulgogi. ^^

 You can find Yoogane at the G/F of Il Terrazzo right beside Gavino's Japanese Donuts. Cheerio!

4 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious! *drool* Wish there was a Korean restaurant here where I live ~.~ Love this foodies post! :)

    fairywater79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^ Everything tasted awesome. Why, where are you from? Glad you liked the post. ^^

      Delete
  2. I love yoogane, I could say that they got the real authentic taste of Korean food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. I agree. It actually has become my favorite Korean resto. ^^

      Delete