Sunday, November 3, 2013

October 2013 Hit Listers

Hello! I'm a little behind with my hit listers. In fact, I think I'm so behind it that my sister even had to remind me. ^^ Anyway, during the month of October, I was able to try a few new items and a couple of stuff I've left untested until much later. Of course, there's still a K-drama on the list, which I think is going to be a mainstay in my hit listers unless the Korean network channels end up with shows that I wouldn't like. ^^ But I don't think that's gonna happen. Like, ever. ^^

Anyway, here's the list and maybe you can find something that you like. ^^

asianwiki.com

1. Heirs/The Inheritors/Heirs: He Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight

-I think the original title is the last one (then again, there are a couple of more versions online) but I think Heirs is what it is more commonly known for. I was really excited for Heirs, I mean it was sad for me to see Master's Sun end. But come on, this has Lee Min Hot Ho, so it was a sure-watch on my list. I was pretty excited to see Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Ho pair up but I was a little worried about the show at first since there were rumors that it was just another Boys Over Flowers. I love BOF, but it would be nice to see a different tone in a high-school show. After watching the episodes, I'd say that this drama definitely has a different feel to it. Only 8 episodes has aired but I'm liking how the story is forming. I love that I'm tuning into it not because I can stand it but because I'm actually looking forward to what's gonna happen next. 


2. Dear Girls Vitcara Long & Curl Mascara
- I was actually looking for a mascara with a slim wand when I saw this in Etude House. I love this mascara but the comb-like wand does take a little getting used to. 


3. Amour Carnival Cocktail Body Spray
- I'm actually very particular with scents because all I can stand are either musky-woody scents or fruity ones. Anything beyond and in-between for me requires a long testing period. ^^ This one from Bench actually has a mild fruity scent that I love. I wish it stayed on longer though.  


4. &Rose Flowering Eyes Palette
-I've never seen a palette from a Korean store that has a lot of matte shades and that's probably why I immediately fell in love with this new palette from Etude House. All the colors go well together and the pigmentation is awesome. 

  
5. Etude House Peach Water Gloss
-This is actually my sister's gloss that we got on sale. The reason why I keep on insisting that it'd be placed in somewhere easy to find is that this is one of the best smelling glosses I've ever tried. It doesn't have much color but the scent is just...very addictive. 


 6. Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream
- I've always wanted to try a Ben & Jerry's ice cream because they have the wittiest flavors but they're really hard to find locally. So when I saw this in a grocery store, I just grabbed it. Cherry Garcia actually tastes like a Black Forest cake, with all the extra dark chocolate bits.


7. Petroleum Jelly from HBC
-Spending a couple of nights in our office where the A/C seems to be always on full-blast made me realize how important it is to keep a jar of petroleum jelly at hand. What I love about this particular petroleum jelly is that it smells like baby powder. 


 8. Human Nature 100% Sunflower Beauty Oil
-I've had this in my stash for quite sometime but I haven't posted a review on it because I still can't figure out what to say about it. The reason why it is on my list is that I've been suffering from dry flaky skin lately and this is my go-to product.
 
9. Yadah Lip Crayon in Lovely Pink
- I found this while I was browsing The Beauty Bar's page. I didn't realize they carried Korean goodies too! Although I haven't heard much about this Korean brand, Yadah actually has a lot of cool and cute cosmetics like this lip crayon which are quite affordable compared to other Korean brands.

facebook.com

dkpopnews.net

10. KStyle

 -KStyle is actually a new show in Mnet Channel that I absolutely love because it talks about Korean fashion, food, beauty secrets and a whole lot of other stuff. I love the hosts Irene and Sarah too. Irene, I think is a model from New York and Sarah is a stylist in Korea. The show is quite different from other Korean shows I watch because it's not subtitled, unless of course, they need to speak in Korean. 

Did you find anything interesting in my list? Ask me anything. Cheerio!

4 comments:

  1. I wanna try EH's Rose palette too. Matte shades in palettes from Korean brands are quite rare! I didn't know Beauty Bar carries Korean brands too! Must check that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It is pretty interesting to see some matte shades. ^^ I actually just found out about the Korean brand through their website. ^^ Do check it out. They have a lot of cool items. ^^

      Delete
  2. I totally agree that the Etude House "& Rose" collection has a beautiful colour palette. It's perfect for the fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The palette has such pretty colors, especially the deep red one which is quite an unusual E/S color. ^^

      Delete