Friday, November 1, 2013

ArtDeco Camouflage Cream in #9 Soft Cinnamon

Hi guys! I've set my eyes on this ArtDeco Camouflage Cream ever since I've read how good its coverage is. So, when my concealer has said its goodbyes, I decided to drop by The Beauty Bar to get this famous concealer.

Giving up more than 400 bucks for a tiny pan of cream isn't easy *haha* so I had to make sure that I get the right color for me. Luckily, their SAs are very friendly and accommodating so finding the right shade for me wasn't so hard.



A 4.5g pan of this camouflage cream retails for 450.00. I got the shade #9 Soft Cinnamon which is like a neutral shade that leans a little more on yellow. It has a glass slide cover and a magnetic back so you could easily put it on the ArtDeco Palette case or if you have a magnetic case. ^^


The Verdict:
The main concern that I've read about this camouflage cream is that it's not that creamy so it works best for spot concealing and using it as a concealer for dark undereyes is not advisable since it tends to crease and it doesn't go over smoothly.

In my experience, though it's not that creamy, with a little warming up between the fingers, it works like magic for dark undereyes. A little too much can cause it to appear cakey though so make sure to not use too much. A little also goes a long way too. It is a little difficult to get the product but warm fingers should do the trick. Running your brush through isn't much of a problem either. As for coverage, it really has heavy coverage. You would need a little more for very dark spots but for light scars, a layer is more than enough.

It is a little expensive for a concealer but since I think you'd be able to use it for a long time, I'd say it's worth it. Plus, it really does conceal even with just a layer.

Have you tried this camouflage cream? How did it work for you? Lemme know. Cheerio!

 

2 comments:

  1. My gods 450??? *faints* That's quite expensive for a small little container of it *.* It looks like it did a pretty good job but I don't know if I would spend that much for a concealer >.< Great review! :)

    fairywater79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did give me a faint heart attack when I saw the price tag. ^^ But because it does so well in covering up my marks, I'm starting to ease up a bit. ^^ Thanks, glad you liked it. ^^

      Delete