Sunday, January 13, 2013

All Dolled Up: Look #2 Smoked Pink

Hello! Well, when I said soon on my last post, I kinda meant really soon, like right after I hit the "publish" button. =)

Anyways, to keep this entry short and sweet, here's the look I did for my sister when she decided she'd like to take a picture under the scorching heat of the sun. 

Her make-up inspiration? A blogger I only know by the name of Betty. I think she's French because my sister reads off French comments right after she shrieks when Betty puts up a comment on her pictures. =) Betty dons a very simple almost-smokey-eyes look paired up with a faint red lip color in most of her pictures, which is what I tried to do on my sis.

The first photo is before she spent a few minutes posing under the sun and the second one is one of the extra photos. =)

List of used items will follow. But, I can't link any reviews on some of the items because most are my sister's. But if you would like to read a review on an item mentioned, shoot me a comment and I'll just borrow it from her for a test drive. =)



 So, here's the finished look. Sorry, I made her pout and look down so you can see the lip color and the eye colors better. =)

I used:

1. Nature Republic By Flower BB Cream
2. MAC Select Cover Up Concealer
3. 4u2 dreamGirl Loose Powder in #2
4. E.L.F. Brightening Eye Color in Drama
5. Nichido Mineral Eyeliner in Onyx 
6. Lip Smacker Lip Balm in Cotton Candy
7. Nature Republic Petite Cherry Rouge in Red Orange

For this look, I tried to use more of the grays and less of the black eye shadow to not make her eyes look too smoked out. And because my sister's almost always wearing a red lippie on her pictures, I decided to use a salmon-pink hued lipstick instead with a name that's a little far off. But if you do see it, it's like a faint red-orange lipstick but with a much lighter pay off. No mascara (because she bats her eyelashes like crazy when with contacts on) and just a simple stroke of kohl eyeliner on the lids and on the outer thirds of the lower lash line.


If you are an Instagram user and find fashion and food totally rockin', check out my sister's pics at @elle_september where she just keeps on making other people hungry. Did I say she looovvveesss taking food pictures? =)

Anyways, have a good week ahead guys. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment