Thursday, January 17, 2013

Food Talk: Pancake House

Hey guys. Sorry for not being able to update this blog for a few days. Anyways, a couple of days ago, I started to get really bummed because I can't seem to find a really good store that sells belgian waffles. A little shallow, I know, but I reaallyy love belgian waffles. If I were to choose between pancakes and waffles, I'd go for waffles. =)

I used to have my fix in French Baker but they stopped selling waffles...so. With all the waffle cravings, I brought my family to the Pancake House in Walter Mart. It's been a few years since I last went to Pancake House, and I realized I've never had their breakfast dishes.



My sister's order: Peach Waffle with Peach Syrup (179.00) 


My order: Caramel Banana Walnut Waffle (191.00)


My mom's order: Country Breakfast (227.00)

My dad wasn't able to come with us because of a last minute thing, but he did request for their golden belgian wafffle (169.00), which was just an ordinary waffle with heavy syrup.

The Verdict:
Their waffles are awesome. Period. They also have a particular flavor of syrup for each flavor of waffle. Mine was purple in color, so I'm guessing it was a grape syrup, which was nice. Their waffles were crisp yet moist inside and had a little helping of whipped cream.
And, they're big enough to make your tummy satisfied. My mom's dish was so-so. The sausages were awesome though. Too bad they were a tad small, like an inch long. But good, nonetheless. Staff was great too.

Generally, their dishes are a little pricey, so not the store to go to for a regular waffle dose. But, I'd still go back. I want to try their pancake tower *haha* and see if I can finish it on my own. 

Any waffle stores around I should know about? Lemme know. Cheerio!


4 comments:

  1. Is this in Waltermart North Edsa? :D I pass by there almost everyday, but I've never tried Pancake House yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. =) Try it sometime. Their waffles are really good.=)

      Delete
  2. I've never tried waffles, believe it or not. But nowadays I've been craving to taste one! I hope you're right and that it'll satisfy my cravings :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it when you get the chance. =) I personally love waffles and they satisfy my tummy. haha. =)

      Delete