Friday, January 11, 2013

Food Talk: Frostings

Heylloww. Before the weekend officially starts, I just wanted to share with you guys the latest in my cupcake journey. Haha. I'm trying to well, try, as many cupcake shops as I can.

My latest? Frostings in Trinoma (3rd floor to be exact, just in front of Marks and Spencer). The first time I've tried the cupcakes in Frostings was early last year. I saw their stall in Market Market and was so curious with their mini cupcakes. Ever since I've tried their mini S'mores, I've been a fan. So I'm so happy when I found out that they have a stall in Trinoma, too.


When I'm trying cupcakes, I almost always end up buying four or more. Four for the four of us. =) So here are the ones we tried. The yellow one is the Brazo Mercedes (I think there should be a "de" there somewhere, but there's none) for my sister. The one with red sprinkles is the interesting Choco Lava for my mom. The one with caramel drippings is their Leche Flan for my dad. And of course, the choco striped one is their Caramel S'mores for me. =)

These are their regular cupcakes which retails at 45 pesos each.

I love Frostings' cupcakes because not only are they good-looking, they taste good as well. My biggest cupcake peeve is tasteless icing, and their cupcakes definitely has tasty cupcake icing, so no problem. My only comment about their cupcakes is that the base is not as moist as I want it to be. It's a bit crumbly. And their cupcakes can also be a little too sweet because some (like the S'mores and the Brazo) have fillings that make the cupcakes a little to overpowering.

But what the hey? They still taste great, so I can't wait to try more of their flavors.



Just a little photo of their "cupcake heaven" that my sister took to feast on. =)

Happy weekend guys! Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. They look yummy! Can I askwhere their stall is in Market Market? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yummy. =) They used to be on the second floor near Tokyo Tokyo, but now, I can't seem to find them. =( I don't know if they've transferred or not. Sorry can't be of more help.=(

      Delete