Wednesday, September 19, 2012

All Dolled Up: Look #1 Red

Hi guys. I know I've never posted "look of the day" entries. One because I don't and can't take pictures of myself. I think I'm incapable of doing selcas. Another reason is my makeup rarely screams picture-worthy.

Anyways, I finally got permission from my sister to "borrow" her picture. I put makeup on her when she asks me to, and that's usually when she decides to flood her Instagram account or resuscitate her blog, and a few events here and there.

MEET MY KOREAN SISTER. NAH. =) KOREAN AT HEART

I mentioned on my previous entry here that she was the first one who got to really use my new palette. When she requested for red lips and winged liner to go with her floral-dress-denim-jacket-my-rubber-shoes combo, I was like "Ei?" I was scared she'd end up looking too made up. But, I remembered the look we did for the "Like A Virgin" girls for our Glee Musical in college. Same concept, but I toned it down a bit more. Here's a list of items I used on my sister. =)

For the Face:
1. Lovely ME:EX BB Cream (reviewed here)
2. 4u2 dreamGirl Lovelight BB Powder (reviewed here)
3. Careline Concealer in Oriental (my sister's)

For the Eyes and Brows:
1. For the brows, I used the dark brown color from my Wet N' Wild Belgian Chocolates Trio (reviewed here)
2. The eye makeup are all from my ADS palette (reviewed here)
* Cream color all over the lids
* Light taupe color for the crease
* White for the inner corners of the eyes and brow bone
* Black for the "soft-winged liner" and lower lashline
3. E.L.F Eyelid Primer (reviewed here)
4. Careline Color Pencil in Black for tight lining (reviewed here)

For the Cheeks:
1. My sister already has very prominent? cheek bones but I still did a little contouring with my Wet N' Wild Bronzer (reviewed here). No cheek color. =)

For the Lips:
1. For her Taylor Swift-red lips, I mixed my Maybelline Summer Sunset Lipstick (reviewed here), which has a deep ruby red color, with my sister's Avon Simply Pretty Lipstick in Celebrity Red, which is a more vibrant crimson red color.
2. I then asked her to put her Fashion 21 Grapes Clear Lip gloss only on the center of her lips. =)

Should I do more of this or nah? Lemme know! Cheerio!

8 comments:

  1. She looks like a doll! So pretty. :D I'm liking the red lippie combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sends her thanks Helen! =) Glad you liked it. =)

      Delete
  2. Love her look! Her skin look so flawless with that bb cream. Let me check the review of that later. I have been using missha perfect bb cover cream, and I am satisfied. but this one looks so perfect on her skin, got me interested.
    I followed your blog, I hope you can follow back

    fashionerza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a good BB Cream. Followed you back. Love your looks. =)

      Delete
  3. do you resemble your sister? :) she looks so much like a korean... so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope.haha. She's the pretty model-esque one. =)She says thanks! =)

      Delete
  4. She's so pretty! You did a great job on her makeup! :D

    http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete