Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wet N' Wild ColorIcon Bronzer in Goddess

Hi. Just so you know, I'm doing random reviews of random make-up items I found stashed in my bookshelf, so a few items are not-so-new while others are brand new. Now let's talk about bronzers... =)

My first bronzer encounter is with a Shiseido bronzer, which unfortunately, isn't mine. And since their products are way, way, way beyond my budget, I've been searching for a similar one, which isn't as pricey. But, since my E.L.F Bronzer is no longer photogenic =) I'll be reviewing Wet N' Wild's ColorIcon Bronzer in Goddess, which I got last Christmas, instead.

Price: 299 Php (But this one's from my sister)
Color: Goddess (Matte) the other one is Princess (I think), and has more shimmer
Applicator: Slim angled brush
Net Wt.: 4.0g




Swatch

Pros:
1. Well the first thing that caught my attention when I saw this was it's casing which is really classy. =)
2. Highly pigmented and the powder transfers well to its own brush as well as other brushes (I use Marionnaud's Angled Blush Brush)
3. Great for contouring. Since it has a matte finish, when blended really well it gives your cheekbones a natural-looking boost.
4. The brush is soft, not soft-soft, but the bristles are just soft enough to not poke your cheeks.

Cons:
1. It's a bit too powdery. When I use it, I have to be careful not to sweep the brush too hard to get the product or it makes a big mess. =)
2. The cover case has too many stickers! When I tried to remove it, it left some sticky material so I opted to put the stickers back on.

*I tested, but haven't purchased yet, the Princess Bronzer. It has some sort of shimmer so it may be a good highlighter.

So far, this is a promising bronzer but I'm keeping my eyes peeled... =) Cheerio!!

No comments:

Post a Comment