Friday, January 6, 2012

Herbench Paintbox Semi-Permanent Eyeliner: Brown

Hi. I figured it's finally time to put my make-up addiction to good use so here I am trying my luck with blogging. What I put down here are my very own experiences with the products. I wanted to share my extraordinary, bittersweet and complete-failure moments with these items that I consider as a girl's best friend(s).

I've always, somehow, depended on blogs and/or reviews of other people when it comes to cosmetics. Before buying anything, unless it's completely out of whim, I check out product reviews. So you can just imagine my disappointment when no one seems to have used or tried the next item on my list. The decision is still 100% mine, but it helps to have an extra/second opinion. I think. =)

So bear with me, as I try to help others, like myself, who are in dire need of second opinions on their much-coveted beauty items.

So the first item on my list is Herbench Paintbox Semi-Permanent Eyeliner. Believe me when I tell you that I've used a lot of eyeliners, from pencils to pens. Some of them are actually quite good but are no match against my occasionally-watery eyes and my hands that rub quite hard..=) So at the end of the day, I end up wearing no eyeliner, even if I did. And this is probably the only product that really swears by its "semi-permanent" tag.
Price: 88 Php
Colors: Brown and Black

The swatches (R: Brown, L: Black)


The product is about an inch and a half long. Black cap for the black and brown for the, well, brown. For a perpetual user, if you're not an eyeliner-pen klutz like I am and you won't break it, it'll last for about 2 months or so.

Pros:
1. It really is semi-permanent. Unless you're going to scrub it really, really hard, it's bound to stay for a long time.
2. Highly pigmented. The black is jet black and the brown is chocolate brown
3. Glides on smoothly
4. Affordable. For 88 bucks, I say it's worth it.

Cons:
1. Like I said semi-permanent so sometimes when I wash up at night, I wake up in the morning with dark eyeliner circles around my eyes. It takes forever to remove. I swear. Haven't tried a eye make-up remover though.
2. It breaks easily, but it's usually the case when it comes to eyeliner pens.
3. The name easily gets erased! Since the casing is plain plastic, I mistake it sometimes for a colored pen, you will too. (I hope it will get a fancy casing soon.)

So how did I do in my first review? =) Shoot me a message, a comment or a request review. If I had used it, I'll tell you what I think and what I went through with it. =) Thanks! Cheerio!

6 comments:

  1. hey! I'm wondering if you can suggest some good and cheap liquid eyeliners or one of those felt tip eyeliners... thanks! btw love your posts... hope you follow back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! Sorry for the super late response..the only liquid liners I've tried so far are from e.l.f. They have the felt tip pen versions and the typical liquid liner types. I've tried one from each type and they both worked well. Plus they're only 130 bucks so they're pretty cheap..thanks for reading my posts and hope this helps. =))

      Delete
    2. where did you buy the e.l.f.eyeliners??

      Delete
    3. At their stalls in SM Department Stores (I purchased mine in SM Fairview, SM Megamall, and SM North Edsa) ^^

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this review. I might get this one. :) Followed you, BTW.

    xx, Isabel
    http://ohstrawberryyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and thanks for reading it. Please do. It's a good liner, unfortunately, always out of stock. But hopefully you'll get lucky. Followed you too! =)

      Delete