Sunday, December 30, 2012

Winter Child

Hi. This is waaayy overdue, but before the year ends, I figured that I should share this already. =) 

I like being born in December. Something about it feels really cool. Anyways, I'll keep the paragraphs short since this is probably going to be a picture heavy post. 

For my birthday, (which was a couple of weeks ago) we decided to drop by the Noel Bazaar in World Trade Center that we do every Christmas season. 

Starting with the gifts I received (and bought for myself). =)
=)
Neutrogena Eye Brightening Concealer that I bought from the bazaar 
Shorts that I also bought there (and the spiked bracelet from my sister)
A soft-leatherette satchel bag from my mom and dad

I actually opened this beforehand but I had my cousin wrap it again because her wrapping skills are great!
Forever 21 Lipgloss, E.L.F. Smokey Eyes set, and Etude House falsies from my sister
A satchel bag that I bought at the MRT Ayala Station
New Frames from the bazaar
Traincase from mom and dad


Since I wanted to try a new place, I decided to treat my family to lunch at Banapple, Greenhills. I've read quite a few good reviews, and I just had to try out the place for myself. The pictures that follow were taken by my sister.
The cozy interior

Their famous cakes and pies

Those are my sister's fancy nails

This was my sister's order. Chicken fillets with bacon. Can't remember how much though

My tapa order =)

My goal was to try their banoffee pie and S'mores pie

Banapple was definitely a good choice. I loved their tapa. A little too savory but with the rice, it all worked out. My sister also loved her chicken dish. My mom ordered the salpicao and loved it. My dad ordered their tocino and liked it as well. Their servings are quite huge though so scarfing down the pies was a little troublesome. =) But worth it of course. 

The rice meals were over 150 but less than 200. 

The banoffee pie was so heavenly, and at 95 pesos, it was definitely worth it. It had CHUNKS of bananas, which I loved to bits. The S'mores pie, which was 110 per slice, was great too. My parents loved it more than the banoffee, but my sister and I liked the banoffee more.

This is from elizabethannsrecipes but my birthday cupcakes looked exactly like these.
Since I really love S'mores, I mean really love love them, I opted for S'mores cupcakes as my birthday cakes that my parents bought for me at the bazaar. We bought them at The Chocolate Bar. Our dinner was some take-out from Pizza Hut-- buffalo wings and pizza, just the way I like 'em.

Well, that's enough sharing for a day. =) Can't believe the year's almost ending. Have a great day. Cheerio!

5 comments:

  1. Wow you got a lot for your birthday and Christmas Day. Belated happy birthday and Seasons Greetings from a stranger. Your blog is awesome! You made me miss Banapple despite my hunger for weight loss. haha! Followed you via GFC hope you can check out my blog if you like.

    Eleigh
    http://eleighllaneras.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eleigh! Thank you so much! Will check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Eleigh! Happy holidays too. =) Sure, I'll check out your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your train case is cute. Belated Happy Birthday & Happy New Year dear. I just followed you. I hope you can check my blog and follow me, too.

    XX,
    Jenniya
    http://simplyjenniya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete