Saturday, December 29, 2012

Food Talk: Sophie's Mom

Hi guys. This one's long overdue and I figured that before the year ends, I should put this entry up. 

I see the stall of Sophie's Mom whenever I drop by Fully Booked (Sophie's Mom is at the 3rd floor of SM North, The Block. Just in front of Fully Booked). Their stall is almost always half empty when I drop by. I've read a couple of reviews about their sweets and they all echo the same thing: Sophie's Mom rocks. So, one day after work, I decided to try what was left in their stall.



The cute-sy box with ballerinas around


There were actually two red velvet cupcakes but my mom already took one before I was able to take the picture.


Red Velvet 


Banana Walnut


Cookie Dough

The Verdict:
Well, I think I just found another favorite cupcake shop, and this one's much nearer to my house. I took a bite of the velvet and the cookie dough and both tasted great. The cupcakes were so moist and they were not too sweet. The banana walnut, which I ate  wholeheartedly, actually had a dark chocolate top that my mom asked for it. 

The only thing I noticed was the banana walnut cupcake was relatively smaller than the other two, but it tasted great, so problem solved.

Each cupcake costs 50 bucks. They also have really big cookies. I tried the red velvet one and it was so good-- a cross between crunchy, chewy, and moist. Cookies are also at 50 pesos each.

If you get the chance, make sure to drop by Sophie's Mom and check out their goodies. Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I live so near SM North too, but have never tried their cupcakes. Drop by Vanilla Cupcake Bakery in Trinoma, you'll love how pretty their cupcakes are. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really good. You should try them when you get the chance. I've never heard of Vanilla Cupcake Bakery before. Thanks for letting me know Helen! =)I'll make sure to try em out.

      Delete