Friday, June 8, 2012

Shiny Powder in Yellow and Blue


Hi guys. The weekend is here again! My sister had the brilliant idea of taking pictures of some of my make-up items last week, so I wouldn't have any trouble or reason not to blog. Haha. Anyway, here's a review on the Shiny Powder in Blue and Yellow. These are actually from my aunt. She gave them to me last Christmas. I think they were bought by her sister who used to live in Japan. But, a few months back, I saw these babies on the stalls of Saizen in Trinoma, so if you want to buy them, they're easily available.









Price: Well, they were for free for me =) but they're 85 bucks a piece in Saizen
Weight: 3 g
Colors: From what I saw in Saizen, there's pink, purple and green


Swatches

Pros:
1. A lot of shimmer. Practically a shoo-in for glitter eyeshadow but with smaller glittery particles
2. Cute clear container that makes it adorable enough to show off
3. Works well as eye widener or brow definer
4. Cheap =)
5. Good color payoff when applied with a wet brush
Cons:
1. The first thing that bugged me was that I had trouble getting the product because of its stopper, and when I tried to sort of get the product out, it would come out as mini balls of eyeshadow. Messy
2. Not very long lasting
3. Might be too glittery for some people

All in all, I like this product, especially when you want just a good shimmer for you night make-up. But I suggest getting a brush that's small enough to fit in its hole, just so you wouldn't have a hard time, like me, getting the product out.

Have you tried these shadows before? Lemme know.. Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Like you, I love the containers =) Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! I know. I'm tempted to buy the other colors...you're welcome.. and thanks for reading the post! =))

      Delete