Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Saizen Long Lash Mascara in Black

Hi. Rainy week huh? Anyway, as promised, here's a review on my recent purchase from Saizen, their Long Lash Mascara. To be honest, the first time I saw these, I was like "No way, are those Dolly Wink mascaras I see?," but, alas, haha, they weren't. I could've sworn by the looks of their containers that they almost, just almost, looked like they were from the Dolly Wink line.


When I first saw these in Saizen, they were new arrivals, but I was a bit hesitant to buy one because when I hoard mascaras, they just end drying up. But, when I returned last week, this was the last piece. So...Anyway, after roughly a few days of testing, here's my take on the mascara.





 I can't say much about anything since the writing is all in Japanese but compared to my Avon mascara, here's the size. My Avon mascara is 7g





Without mascara




With Mascara


Pros:
1. Cute packaging, although I'm not a very big fan of pink
2. Casing actually felt sturdy
3. Bristles were fine enough
4. Staying power is good. It lasts the whole day for me
5. It actually gives your eyelashes their much needed boost in length. Not much, but just enough
6. Cheap. It's only 85 bucks

(It's made in Korea! haha.. I feel so biased.)

Cons:
1. It's not waterproof (see pic above)
2. It can get a bit flaky, but only when you rub your eyes
3. I don't know if mine is defective but the product keeps spurting out when I close the lid, so it's messy.

Anyway, it's a very good mascara, if I may say so myself. In addition, I hear that Japanese mascaras are really good, so I guess this one's is one of them, since it's technically Japanese (Am I making sense?) So, I would recommend this product to those who want to lengthen their lashes just a wee bit, without breaking the bank. 

By the way, a review on an Etude House cleansing foam sample is coming up.... Cheerio!





















2 comments:

  1. thanks for the review!! I was hesitant to buy these but now I'm gonna get these when I come back to saizen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! You're welcome. Glad you liked the review. Thanks for reading it. =) Try out the mascara, and tell me what you think! =)

      Delete