Saturday, January 18, 2014

Food Talk: Masan Korean Grocery

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've posted a food talk entry. Not that I haven't been checking out new foodie places (that'd be impossible) but I haven't had the time to sort the pictures out.

Anyway, we've been frequenting a Korean grocery near Farmer's Plaza in Cubao. It's right near the market place. I've been to quite a few Korean groceries but I'd have to say, Masan is probably the best. The prices of their products are lower compared to most Korean groceries, and the ajusshi who I think owns the place seemed really nice. My sister was actually able to have a short talk with him and the kind Korean lady, but that's another story.

Here are some of the stuff we bought recently. About two weeks ago, I think. ^^ We bought some kimbap (100+ Php), tteok (rice cake) (110.00 Php) and odeng/fish cake (120.00 Php) for the tteokbokki, gimari (like japchae wrapped in kim, coated with egg) (100.00 Php), samgyeopsal (180.00 Php), Chilsung cider and Aloe juice (around 30 bucks each bottle), kimchi, and pickled red ginseng (50.00 Php each). I hope I got the prices right. ^^

Here's what our lunch looked like a few weeks ago. ^^ I almost forgot the ssamjang (50.00 Php), the bean paste that goes well with the samgyeopsal.
 So, if you're up for cooking up a few Korean dishes, I suggest you pay Masan a visit and check out their items. If you're lucky, you might get to score the fish-shaped pastries filled with red bean paste. ^^ Each fishy pastry retails for 12.00 Php.

Have a nice Sunday! Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment