Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I Nailed It #20 With Love, Mickey

Hey guys! I apologize for not being able to update this blog as much as I want to. Aside from my wallet walking out on me after a terrible fight about me spending too much money on makeup (shout out to a good friend for this clever excuse), I almost always get too tired when I get home. 

Anyway, I know I owe you guys last month's hit listers. I'd probably get the time to take the pictures this weekend so the post will most probably be up next week. I'll try my best to do it. Also, my blog post drafts are piling up so I'll make sure to check that out and see the stuff I missed out on posting. 


I used a white polish from Bobbie, a shimmery black polish also from Bobbie, OMG in Salsa for that strong red color, and OMG Citrine for the sand polish. I replaced the color of the nail of my ring finger with Etude House's Strawberry Milk so that the glitter polish would show more.



I've been looking for hologram? holographic? foils since I saw them on Kstyle. Fortunately, I was able to see some in the recent Noel Bazaar in WTC.  I only bought 2 rolls though. I should have bought more. I probably wasn't in my right mind.


They are actually pretty easy to use. Just make sure that your base color is all dried up because you don't want it to be sticky and mess up your foil design. Dab on some nail glue (a plain polish works just as well, at least based on my attempt). It can be as random as you would like or it could be neat so that the design would show well.


Here's what happened with my first attempt. ^^ I glued on some nail gems to form the famous Mickey head. I got this nail gem wheel from Trinoma by the way.



I topped the black polish with Caress' Christmas Polka...


Then I drew on an attempt on Mickey's pants? shorts? on the red nail...


Okay, this has got to be my favorite nail. It could be because I was so stoked to find one of the shades of the limited edition Disney's Mickey and Minnie Mouse x Etude House polishes. I found this at the bazaar too. ^^ I was so happy because according to some sites I've read, this was only released in Korea. 


 

And this is what happens to the nails of a Mickey Mouse fan. ^^

Hope you find this attempt on nail art helpful, in any way. ^^ Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment