Sunday, October 20, 2013

Food Talk: Subspace Coffee House

Hey guys! Can I tell you a secret? That's really not much of a secret but... You know. I just can't seem to tell what day of the week it is. ^^ It's been happening lately. It's like I need to carry a calendar with me every day or something. 

Anyhoo, last August, I decided to at least scratch off some of my I-so-wanna-go-there food stops that's been on the list for quite a while. One of the places I finally got to visit was Subspace Coffee House, which is, at least from what I know, some sort of Korean cafe. And you know how much I love Korean stuff.






This copy of the TV series Pasta is something I just wanted to take home. Should've asked it was for sale. 




Everything looked so delicious that I wanted to try them all but I couldn't...because that would be bad. ^^







This piece on their ceiling is reeeaaallyyy cooolll. ^^



We ordered a Caramel Macchiato (125.00), Cappuccino (110.00), Purple Potato Latte (125.00/the one with the minion latte art ^^), and Dark Chocolate Mint (125.00/the one with the evil minion latte art).


New York Cheesecake (115.00)

 Marshmallow Choco Cake (110.00)

The Verdict:
I love, love, love Subspace. The coffee is nice but I think the distinct taste of my sister's purple potato latte was a more definite hit. ^^ I can't put into words the taste but it is good. My dark chocolate mint tasted like a something you would drink around the Christmas season. It wasn't as bitter tasting as I expected it to be but I liked it. And the mint definitely made all the difference. 

The cakes were good, too. My mom spoke highly of the cheesecake which I don't even remember trying anymore. And the choco cake was also nice but it could use a little more marshmallow cream. At least, in my opinion.

Price-wise, I don't think they're that much different from most cafes nowadays. ^^ Plus, the place looks really cool, they played most of my all-time favorite K-pop songs, and the staff was great. The place though is a bit small and could probably fit around 15-20 people.

We'd definitely visit Subspace again. It's a really cool place and all the K-pop goodies just make me happy.

You can find Subspace at 103 G/F Grand Emerald Tower, F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Center. 

What's your favorite quirky cafe? Lemme know. Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. *droool* I totally in love with all of those deserts! Thank you for posting such an awesome post! Anything foodies related I'm there! haha Hope to see more of these posts too! :)

    fairywater79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for dropping by. ^^ I do post about food once in a while. ^^

      Delete