Monday, May 19, 2014

Certified Movie Buff: Veronica Mars The Movie

Hi guys. I have something to confess. I'm actually a marshmallow. Not that I'm mushy or anything. Just a really big fan of Veronica Mars. I was actually one of the many who became so devastated to the point of insanity when the show got cancelled in 2007. Although the main story arc of the show was solved, there were still a few bits and pieces left unanswered.

So when I heard that they were doing a movie to slightly heal all of the marshmallow's hearts, I was so happy. Although I know deep down that an hour of Veronica, Logan, Mac, Wallace, and all the other characters in the same screen again after a few years won't suffice, I was glad to get to see them again, and this time in a movie. :D

flavorwire.com   
 How the Veronica Mars movie came to be was quite a thrill. It was the product of all the fans' love for the show. The show actually got funded through the crowd funding service Kickstarter. I think they even went over their actual goal. 

Plot-wise, I think it was a movie that is special to those who actually followed the series. It was a simple case with complicated people that Veronica knows in the mix. I can't really vouch for other people who haven't seen the show to like it and appreciate it the way they could have if they have seen the TV series. The thrill of Veronica (Kristen Bell) coming back to sleuthing. Seeing Logan (Jason Dohring) donning a navy? uniform made me laugh and even nostalgic since he never seemed the type. The reunion of the three-some Wallace (Percy Daggs III), Mac (Tina Majorino), and Veronica brought tears to my eyes. But it was Weevil, the resident badboy of the show, who really brought home the cool in this movie.

Overall, it was a fun film to watch. Not much plot to ponder on but the joy of seeing all of these characters again on the big screen made it so worthy to watch.

So yes. I am and forever will be...a marshmallow.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment