Sunday, May 18, 2014

Food Talk: Sakae Sushi

Hey guys! It's been quite a while. I missed my blog. And I missed blog hopping. I've been really too busy during the past few months. And I'll even be busier, if that's even possible, in a few weeks. Read: office sleepovers are awesome. :P

Anyway, while waiting for my new K-drama to finish downloading, I figured I'll squeeze in writing an entry or two.

My dongsaeng is a big fan of foodstops with conveyor belts. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot in the country and definitely none near our place. When we saw the colored plates on a belt in Sakae Sushi in MOA, we knew that we couldn't just not go back and try their dishes out. Especially their Eat-All-You-Can Sushi promo.

The promo is 399 Php for adults (199 for kids I think) and that comes with your choice of either hot or cold refillable green tea and a serving of miso soup.















The Verdict:
     Taste-wise, most of the sushi dishes were run-of-the-mill-- some hit the good taste spot, while others, quite forgetful. I did love the onion rings (sort of) though. It was tasty but on our next visit, it wasn't available anymore. I hope they kept it in the menu though.
The good thing about the place is that you can ask the servers about the products that will come out running on the conveyor belt, like those shrimps. Just so you can look forward to the whole grab the plate thing. The only thing you probably need to be worried about is that their sushi dishes are mostly rice heavy so you'd easily feel full. Just try to work through it. :) And don't order a bowl of ramen when you've decided with the buffet. Let's just say I learned my lesson as I wanted to crawl out of the resto. 

       They also have the price card there on the table (for those who want their sushi dishes ala carte) which I suggest you make good use of when you avail the sushi-all-you-can. You can basically see and compute if you have eaten your money's worth. The green tea was superb. It helps cleanse your palate so you can get ready for the next plate you'll be grabbing. The soup was nice, too.

      If you're not into the whole sushi buffet, they also have a decent menu. Prices are a little steep but given the taste of the ramen, I'd say you're in for a treat.

Dining at Sakae Sushi was definitely a fun experience. Nothing beats trying to grab your choice of sushi before it reaches the other tables. Just remember to leave a lot of room when you decide to try out their sushi galore. Don't say I didn't warn you. :D

Sakae Sushi is at the 2nd floor, Main Mall of SM Mall of Asia.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment