Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Certified Movie Buff: The Cat

Hey guys! It's been a while since I posted a movie review.It's been really busy that I usually just plop right onto my bed the minute I get home. :p But I have squeezed in taking a few new pictures of some of the products that I haven't reviewed yet over the weekend so, I hope, fingers crossed and everything, that I'd get a day off and do a review.

Anyhoo. You remember that time when I really got into watching all those subtitled films? Well, this was also one of those films that I gave a whirl. I actually just picked it up because I saw Park Min-young on the CD cover *fangirling*. :P

en.wikipedia.org






The Cat tells the story of the reclusive So Yeon, a pet groomer who became entangled with the twisted story of the creepy creepy creepy cat, Bidanyi, whose owner suddenly ended up dead inside an elevator. (See? This is why I hate elevators with those creepy blinking freaky lights, which we have by the way...you know, where I work). When she ended up having to "cat-sit" Bidanyi, the claustrophobic So Yeon starts seeing weird ghostly stuff and the little girl with the cat-like eyes. Together with a rookie cop, So Yeon starts to dig around about the story of the girl and the scary dead-ish cats (aside from Bidanyi) following her around--before, of course, everyone around her turns up dead.

Okaaay. That was way creepier than I expected and I hope I didn't spoil the flick for you. Do check out The Cat when you come across a copy. It's not the strongest and scariest Asian horror film that I've watched (given that I had a good night sleep after watching this) but it does give you a little fright that might make you, you know, take a step back and rewire your brain before touching kitties.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment